Buhari submits asset declaration form showing no change in his financial status over last four years

PRESIDENCY officials have revealed that President Muhammadu Buhari's recent asset declaration form submission showed that there was no significant change in his financial status over the last four years.

 

Today, May 29, the current administration's tenure will come to an end and those who form the new government will be asked to declare their assets upon assumption of office. Given that President Buhari and vice president Professor Yemi Osinbajo are so far the only two members of the cabinet, they had to fill in and submit their asset declaration forms yesterday.

 

It is mandatory for elected and re-elected public Nigerian officials to fill the forms providing details of all asset owned and acquired before and while in office and submit them to the Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB). In compliance with the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, the submission must be before his oath-taking scheduled for today, Wednesday, May 29.

 

President Buhari's spokesman Mallam Garba Shehu, said that the duly completed forms were submitted to the chairman of the CCB, Professor Mohammed Isa, on behalf of the president by Sarki Abba, senior special assistant, household and domestic affairs. He added that the chairman of the CCB commended the president for leading by example by declaring his assets in accordance with the law.

 

Mallam Shehu said: “The forms, as signed by the president and sworn to before a judge of Abuja High Court showed no significant changes in assets as declared in 2015 by him. There are no new houses, no new bank accounts at home and abroad and there are no new shares acquired.”

 

 

Share