There are no products in your shopping cart.
| 0 Items | £0.00 |

SECURITY guards working at the O2 Brixton Academy in London on the night of the Asake concert last month have been accused of accepting bribes to allows fans without tickets into the venue by a whistle blower.
Last month, two people died and several others were injured during a stampede at the event in Brixton because more people than the venue could take tried to get in. According to the whistleblower, some security guards at the O2 Brixton Academy in London regularly accepted bribes to allow people in without tickets.
According to reports, ticketless fans attempted to breach the gates, leading to a crush forcing the sold-out show to come to a halt halfway. This whistleblower, a security guard, said that some members of his team would each allow a couple of hundred extra people into venues in exchange for money.
He said: “There were people taking money. Some staff made £1,000 cash. Our company knew what was going on and they knew the people who were doing it and they did nothing about it.
“Some AP Security staff will tell you a few things, then you go round the corner, give them a lot of cash and they will walk you straight in the front door.”
According to the security guard, he was working on the front doors when the incident happened on December 15 and he witnessed what happened. Explaining how bribes were paid, he stated that someone wanting to get into a concert would approach security staff stationed near the barriers that controlled the queue of people waiting to get in.